Salvecoll® acts as a matrix for antibacterial drugs. As a result of its prolonged local action the necessary therapeutic concentration of antibiotics in the periodontal pocket is maintained throughout the required treatment term.
The biocomposite complex action of Salvecoll® on the different components of chronic periodontitis pathogenesis (mechanisms of occurrence and development) occurs due to the high therapeutic effect of non-surgical methods of treatment of chronic periodontitis using Salvecoll®.
An allergic test can be held at the discretion of a physician (the physician inserts 0.1 ml of gel Salvecoll® into the skin of the forearm) in order to avoid an allergic reaction.
- The physician preforms professional oral hygiene cleansing
- A bio composition of Salvecoll® gel with antibacterial drugs is injected into the periodontal pocket
- Periodontal dressing is applied
- This procedure is repeated after 7 days, then after 6 months
In the case of periodontal reconstructive surgery, other forms of Salvecoll® release material such as a membrane or diaphragm are laid in the bed of the bone defect.
- Significantly reduces the depth of periodontal pockets
- Reduction in the mobility of teeth
- Contributes to favorable postoperative results
- In some cases an alternative to surgical treatment of periodontal disease